From the initial planning stages of finding the perfect venue, to negotiating contracts and ensuring every last detail is in place on the day... This is for the couple who would like the expertise and full support of a wedding planner to ensure their special day far exceeds expectations without the stress and time constraints of organizing it entirely themselves.
Full Wedding Planning Service
This is our most comprehensive service that covers all aspects of organizing your wedding; from the initial planning stages of finding the perfect venue, to negotiating contracts and ensuring every last detail is in place on the day. This is for the couple who would like the expertise and full support of a wedding planner to ensure their special day far exceeds expectations without the stress and time constraints of organizing it entirely themselves.
- Unlimited consultations with you via telephone/email
- Assistance in budget determination and breakdown as needed
- Discussion of theme, color, style and complete wedding design
- Research of wedding professionals in each category that fit your event style and budget and to provide you with suggestions and guidance in making the final selections
- Up to four (4) sessions of professional in-person consultation throughout the planning process
- The duties of a wedding day coordinator
Wedding Day Coordination Services
Wedding day coordination is perfect for the couple that has arranged everything beautifully, but just needs an appointed person to keep your timetable, oversee that the band is ready to go, that the cake has been delivered, and that your place cards are set correctly.
- Visit to ceremony/reception sites prior to wedding (outstation charges apply)
- Development of a detailed wedding timeline and floor plan for contracted vendors and bridal party
- Follow up telephone calls to all contracted vendors 1-2 weeks before wedding day
- One (1) session of wedding rehearsal supervision
- On-site coordination and supervision at the ceremony site and during the reception for up to 10 hours on the day of your wedding
- One (1) complimentary session of professional in-person consultation
The following is an outline of some of the tasks that The Wedding Project handles on the day of your wedding:
Two Weeks Prior to Wedding Day
- Meet with bride and groom to present timeline. Go over any arrangements the couple have previously made with vendors, and update timeline accordingly.
One Week Prior to Wedding Day
- Confirm final details with vendors prior to wedding day.
- Make sure that all vendors have the wedding coordinator’s contact information. Send vendors a copy of the final timeline and make sure they have directions to the ceremony and reception locations.
- Note: wedding day coordinator will not re-negotiate any terms in contracts with vendors at this time, or at any other time prior to, during, or after your wedding day. All agreements should be finalized prior to the wedding.
- Distribute wedding timelines to best man and maid-of honor.
- Work with wedding officiator to choreograph wedding ceremony, processional and recessional.
- Alert wedding party as to where they need to be the following day, and at what time.
At Bride’s “Getting Dressed” Location
- Facilitate on-time arrival of hair and make-up stylists.
- Make sure personal flowers i.e. bridal bouquet; bridesmaid's flowers and father of the bride’s boutonnière arrive on time.
- Make sure photographer arrives on time and has a “must shoot” list.
- Ensure that transportation arrives on time and instruct wedding party as to when to depart for ceremony.
- Communicate with best man to make sure groom is getting dressed and on-time.
- Make wedding party aware of any last minute details.
- Communicate with transportation driver and maid-of-honor/best man while bridal party is on the way to the ceremony location.
- Set up programs and other ceremony items i.e. guest book, unity candles, etc.
- Ensure that ushers/groomsmen arrive on time and are ready to pass out programs.
- Ensure that personal flowers i.e. flower girl bouquet and groomsmen boutonnières have arrived at ceremony location.
- Alert ushers/groomsmen as to when to begin escorting guests to their seats and remind them as to how to be a “proper” usher.
- Ensure that ceremony musicians have arrived and direct them as to where to set up.
- Confirm the music that ceremony musicians will play during the ceremony, as well as start times for each piece of music.
- Communicate with bride and groom so that they know how much time remains before the start of the ceremony.
- Line up the bridal party for their entrances down the aisle.
Prior to Reception
- Greet vendors and instruct them as to where to set up i.e. wedding band, florist, and caterer.
- Make sure reception flowers/décor is set up according to flower order.
- Ensure that tent and lighting are set up properly and troubleshoot as needed.
- Meet with catering staff to confirm food timeline.
- Set up guest book and pen, champagne flutes, cake-cutting utensils.
- Ensure proper flow of cocktail hour food.
- Look over dining tables and make sure they are set up properly.
- Locate bride and groom and instruct them to stay to the side of main dining room until they receive cue for their introduction and first dance.
- Cue band when the majority of guests have found their tables and bride and groom are ready to be introduced.
- Cue band, photographer, and videographer when important events take place at reception i.e. first dance, cake cutting, toasts and parent dances.
- Cue best man and father of the bride when they are about to be announced for toasts.
- Alert catering staff to prepare champagne just before the toasts.
- Be aware of timing of catering service and make sure people are served promptly.
- Distribute final payments/gratuities to vendors at the end of the evening (no negotiation in the terms of vendor contracts will be handled by the wedding coordinator at this time).